Thursday, January 27, 2011

There's Something About Jack Kirby

Well, I seem to be on a Jack Kirby kick this week! Since I am still learning about Kirby and his work, I thought I'd mention some great Kirby websites and a Kirby freebie all centered around the same fellow, Jon B. Cooke. From his bio on his website: "Jon B. Cooke is the former associate editor of The Jack Kirby Collector and editor/creator of the five-time Eisner Award-winning Comic Book Artist magazine (for "Best Comics-Related Periodical")."

A Freebie!
The Jack Kirby Collector is a monthly print and pdf magazine put out by the same company who publishes one of my favorite comic magazines, Back Issue, which mainly covers older comics from 1970s, 80s, and 90s. If you click on the magazine's cover below, you go to the publisher's website, where you can download the issue below for free plus free sample issues of their other magazines, including Back Issue.


Virtual Museum
If you would like to learn more about Jack Kirby, his comics, and scans of his comics, you really must check Jon B. Cooke's  Kirby Museum & Research Center, which is the repository of all things Kirby.



Fourth World Blog
Cooke is also doing a daily blog about Kirby's Fourth World comics, featuring Mister Miracle, New Gods, and Forever People. I'm also trying to get these comics as well as Mister Miracle. Jeremy, my son, just told me that he has some Forever People issues and is giving them to me. Why am I just learning this tonight:? Holding out on his old man again, eh? And considering that I gave him my entire Superman collection and Batman Adventures collection.... Hmmmmm..... I wonder what else he has that I don't know about!?! LOL. Anyway, click on the pic below to go to the blog.


Until next time, always remember that there is no trap from which Mister Miracle cannot escape...even marriage! No wait, that didn't come out right....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.