Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Poll: Best Star Wars Soundtrack?

I just started the blog's first ever poll--Best Star Wars Soundtrack.  Please take a moment to vote and then feel free to discuss your vote in the comments section. We'll see how this goes! I'll kick it off, though my comments below sound more like my usual posts than comments! :-)

Though I like many tracks from the various episodes, such as Duel of the Fates from Phantom Menace and the opening battle sequence of Revenge of the Sith, overall best soundtrack for me just has to be Empire Strikes Back. You get The Imperial March, The Battle in the Snow, Main Star Wars Theme, Yoda's Theme, Asteroid Field, City in the Clouds, and more. Jam packed listening fun! Back when I first saw the movie in 1980, I ran out and bought the original flip-open, double-disk LP set with photo booklet inside and everything. I wore it out during our late-night RPG sessions! Sure, now I own the soundtrack on CD and have ripped it to MP3, but sometimes I miss opening that old enormous dust jacket, flipping through the photos, sliding out the albums, and putting the needle on the record. Ah, those were good times! Read more about the ESB LP and CD at its Wikipedia page.




4 comments:

  1. There can only be one, The Empire Strikes Back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empire for me. Phantom Menace has a wildly underrated soundtrack (probably wasn't noticed because of all the other problems.)

    The original Jedi soundtrack was also pretty good, but the music from the remix/update/SE/blueray/whatever edition out just now is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Empire' was always my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week at the local second run theater, we finally saw the 3D Phantom Menace. When we saw it years ago, I noticed the music never stops during the entire movie. I've always mentioned this to Jeremy, but he only noticed it last week. (We don't own Ep1 on DVD, just VHS, so we haven't watched the movie in years.) It is a good soundtrack, especially considering how long it plays!

    I have never owned the Jedi soundtrack. I forgot they redid the soundtrack! IIRC that was for Special Edition.

    ReplyDelete

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.