Friday, May 22, 2015

Warmaster Ancients - Late Roman Counter Set

For most of my life, I've always associated the Early Imperial army whenever I thought "Roman." However, the empire has always been more than Hollywood's version. Today, I've uploaded my latest set of Warmaster Ancient counters--the Late Roman Empire. As with my other Warmaster Ancients sets, I've tried to provide enough counters for a typical army, with 1,200 to 1,500 points being the sweet spot. Since I've included counters for the ballista, you can also use this set with the revised Late Roman army list found on Rick Priestley's Warmaster website, which I link to via Archive.org. The names might be different for some of the revised units, but that is no big deal. Also, you might want to take a look at the website for the Roman Military Research Society, where you can find tons of information and photos on everything Roman. I hope you enjoy the counters.

Printing the Counters
I hope some of you find these counter sets useful.You can print these at office printing places, like Staples, using heavy card stock paper printed at actual size. You can also print on regular paper and then glue the counters to wooden bases. (Check the older posts on how I did this with my Empire army.) Currently, I'm printing the counter sets at Staples using regular paper, spray gluing the back of each sheet with Super77, attaching each sheet to an old comic book backing board, and then cutting out the counters using a sharp Xacto knife with steel ruler. Using the backing boards makes for cheap, sturdy counters.



Click on the counter set image above to download the complete
Late Roman counter set in PDF format

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.