Monday, December 28, 2020

No Albion, BattleTech Arrives, and a Death in the Family

Unfortunately, my father-in-law passed away earlier last week at the age of 89 I thought he was 86, and my wife thought he was 82. Seems like he was good at lying about his age! 😄 He served in the navy on a Tin Can for four years shortly after WWII, but rarely said anything about it. He was a life-long Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles season ticket holder. He always told the story of throwing snowballs at Santa at the infamous December 15, 1968 game against the Vikings. He would always shout, "And I hit him, too!" With snowballs of course. 

My wife's mother passed away last year. After that my father-in-law began declining, with dementia taking hold of him along with frequent falls. Earlier this month, he got pneumonia and COVID-19, winding up in the hospital. We all knew what was coming next. Even though we live in Central Florida, the rest of the family in PA did a great job taking care of him.

So I haven't gotten too much done online, especially with making more Warmaster counters. I did get the new BattleTech Beginner and Clan Invasion boxed sets for Christmas. (I picked up the main rulebook as a PDF.) My son and I used to play WizKids MechWarrior clix game, but never BattleTech. So this will be a new thing for me. The new Catalyst Games plastic mechs are amazing. More on that later.

I hope everyone has good health and a better new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.