Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Hurricon 2022 Photo Report: A Bit Late...

It has been several months since my last post, which was photos from HMGS-South's Recon 2022 convention. I thought I had deleted the photos in this post, but last night I found them squirreled away. Ironically, my son and I are heading down to Recon 2023, where I’ll be taking many more photos than before. (They should be better because I reset my camera after I took these.) Even though we live in Seminole County, we’ll be staying at the hotel for the first time, so we have games booked in every block from Thursday night through Sunday morning. I think Jeremy and I are only playing one game together, on Sunday morning.

Oh yeah. Recon will also be a special time for us. Friday is my 60th birthday! I cannot believe it. We're tossing a party Sunday afternoon at one of the Disney World resorts.

As always, I love to hear from fellow gamers and enthusiasts. Please post your thoughts and ideas in the Comments below.

Warmaster: A quick update. Today, I downloaded the new version of Warmaster Revolution, which was posted yesterday, and the latest Army lists. Earlier this week, I began reworking the Empire set to bring it back in line with the size of other “figures,” such as the High Elves. This has been bugging me for ages. I also bought several packs of Pendraken 10mm for an Empire army—more on that later. Onto the Hurricon pics!

Warpaint hosted by Jim Riley
Jeremy and I played a large 25mm game of Warpaint hosted by Jim Riley. I played on the Apache side.
Figures were mostly Foundry. Here is the settlement we Apaches are going to raid.
The cavalry players strategize how to head off our Apache attack and reach the settlement before we do. A word of advice: Don't dismount at the first sign of Apaches on the hills. Just charge though toward the ranch. ;-)
I loved the rolling hills.

Rob Hall Memorial Game



Bill Moreno setting up the game. I hope Bill is doing better. He and his son are so nice, and it's a pleasure gaming with them


The Rest of the Photos

Trailer Park Warlords of the Apocalypse.

My gang of 3 mutated critters. These are 3D printed.











I always wanted to paint and build a winter game. This was an amazing table.




A game of ALdG. I have the rules, but Warmaster keeps pulling at me.


I enjoy how HMGS-South has a varied mix of historical, pulp, fantasy, and sci-fi. They even had large Battletech and Battlefleet Gothic games. No 6mm EpicArmageddon, another game I always wanted to do.

Love this Fantasy Trip set-up.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you at Recon 2023 and a pleasure to have gamed with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise. I'm looking forward to Hurricon. I hope you can attend it.

      Delete

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.