Friday, March 26, 2021

The Normans are Almost Here!

I'll be honest. I have really become fascinated with the Norman army. Before working on my Norman army counters, I never paid too much attention to them. Sure, I studied the Battle of Hastings in college, but I always thought the battle boring--a bunch of doomed-to-lose Saxon 'scrubs' standing in a shieldwall on top of a hill. The Super-Power Norman army at the bottom of the hill, just waiting for the Saxons to get bored and do something stupid, and then crush them. That never seemed like a fun battle to game.

As prep work for my Normans, I began reading more about them beyond Hastings. Long story short, the Normans began fascinating me. There were more battles than Hastings, which was more interesting than my superficial judgment.I love when this happens to me. (The same thing happened to me with Republic Rome.)

All of this is my way of saying that I will be posting the set of Norman army counters by the end of the week. It will be for Warmaster Ancients, but I have other plans also. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.