Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Wanna Be Your Sledgehammer

I wanted to make some posts the past few days, but life has been a bit crazy here at the HQ. My wife took ill yesterday, her blood pressure skyrocketing,  and had to go to the hospital. After a bunch of testing, she came home this afternoon. Luckily, all the tests came back normal. Just one of those weird moments where stuff happens but the docs can't figure why. Of course, I'm am totally wiped!

Anyway, here are some pics of another London Thug figure I finished the other week. I did some wet-blending on his vest, seeing if I could remember how to do it. I liked the results, which gave me the encouragement to paint more figures. I used craft paints, which are more difficult for wet-blending than hobby paints made for it. I painted his hair reddish for a change of pace. One of these days I'm going to write a rebuttal post against people who criticize these figures as inferior because they look too cartoonish. I love the look!

Would anyone be interested in the colors and triads I used for these figures? Just wondering.

Ok, that's enough for today. I'm beat!





2 comments:

  1. Great job, CP. The shadow cast by the Hammer's cap on to his forehead and eyes, and end of his nose peeking out of this shadow is one of the numerous little bits of goodness to be diuscovered on this figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I was so tired that I made a mistake labeling this fellow. He is from the pack GHJ-3 London Mob, as his photo filename shows. Yeah, Jeremy and I liked that about him too, Jay. He's really fun to look at as you turn him around. As AbelP said the other weekend when he saw the fig in person, "Look at that guy's chops!" It's a fun figure.

    ReplyDelete

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.