Friday, May 15, 2020

Thoughts About Updating Counter Sets...Again

Being cooped up in the house all day every day during the current virus outbreak, I've been enjoying working on the Warmaster counter sets again. (Thanks Warqueen for reminding me that my outdated/under-sized Wood Elves and Chaos counters from the early 2000's hadn't gotten the 'revised' treatment!)

Then I poked around my hard drive and realized I quickly could complete other new army sets, like the Kislev and Chaos Daemons I recently uploaded.

I also realized I could improve and correct some of the sets I had already revised, sets like the Vampire Counts that has too many Age of Sigmar images and Dire Wolves based as infantry instead of cavalry. (There is a long story behind why I did that years ago.) Actually, I ended up completely revising that revised set and will upload it this weekend or early next week as a new post, taking down the old VC post. Probably more sets will be improved as well.

Will all the sets you've already downloaded and printed still be playable? Sure! I'm thinking that most updates will simply be a separate page to print out, but I might wind up doing a total revision like the Vampire Counts.

Will I still be making sets for armies in the Trial Armies book, Warmaster Revolution, and other historical versions of Warmaster? Like the Albion army? Yes! This summer I hope to crank out more armies, maybe even some sets for Lord of the Rings and Battle of the Five Armies, which have been pet projects of mine for ages. I also want to revisit my old Nippon set, which is long gone and outdated.

Will I be making counter sets for other games, like Dragon Rampant? Maybe. The Rampant series has been a thing with me lately. I also have bought a ton of old Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars for Gaslands Refueled gaming, but that is another topic for another day.

Will I ever get to play a game using my WWII Soviet miniatures? Sigh. I can only hope...I can only hope.

Well, if you've made it this far in the post, thanks for reading and taking an interest in this creaky old blog and my counter sets. Stay posted for news as it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.